We can’t lie to ourselves, 2020 has so far been a year no one expected. The reality has set in, and weddings have had to be cancelled/postponed to dates late 2020 or even 2021.
Being a venue ourselves, and having first hand communication with couples, and assisting with their postponements, we have noticed a few things regarding popular dates for weddings. One thing we noticed is that weddings are being forwarded to this same year, just dates post September 2020. The most popular switch includes weddings originally booked for early-mid 2020 (April, May June), to now take place in October/November 2020. It is without a doubt the end of 2020 and beginning to middle of next year will be a race for dates with almost every Saturday at our venue already booked out (can you imagine everywhere else too!?).
With this being said, here is what we recommend you, as the couple, do:
- If you have your wedding booked for the months of June/July/August 2020, and you are concerned about your date, we recommend postponing post September. This gives you time to liaise with suppliers and family members without having to wait until the last minute. With all the uncertainty that surrounds the government restrictions, we believe it is better to be safe than sorry.
- If you really want to be wed this year and dates are limited, consider another day of the week. With Saturday wedding dates hard to find, consider a beautiful Friday evening or a Sunday wedding. Having hosted many events on all days of the week, we can confirm the level of love and joy in the room does not depend on the day of the wedding!
- Communication is vital! Be sure to contact all your suppliers as soon as possible to make any arrangements necessary. This wedding season coming up is set to be one of the busiest yet, so it is key to re-organise any vendors as soon as you can.
- Change and compromise must happen. In unprecedented situations such as these, there’s always a chance that suppliers and other couples you know might be interested in the same date as you. It is important to keep in contact regarding any changes you wish to make, not only with the suppliers, but with your guests and other couples you know who are looking to be wed too.
- Ask for help or seek support! Our team here at Springfield House is always available for a chat. Whether you have specific questions or just want someone to speak to, always feel free to contact us via phone on 9651 2144 or email- [email protected]